Monday 14 June 2010

Blog blog blog

When I originally logged into my Google account at the start of 23 things, I had a brief moment of panic where I decided the internet is definitely a BAD THING whose purpose is to hold embarrassing information to be rediscovered later in life. And not just those photos on Facebook that make my face look 'squishy' in the words of one of my friends. I found a blog I kept back in the day, otherwise known as around 2004. I don't think it's quite as bad as The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, but I still wanted to make sure I had removed all trace of teenage confessions from public view before releasing more of my 'blogging' on the world.


My old blog pretty much had the purpose of a diary - a way of keeping up with friends, sharing photographs etc. before Facebook made all that easy. Writing a blog for 23 Things - which should have some sort of point and content rather than just musings - is hopefully going to be more useful (and also hopefully won't, in six years time, be hideously embarrassing, although there is still time!).

I find Blogger fairly user friendly, especially when just writing posts: automatically saving drafts every so often is a brilliant feature which anyone who has ever lost a long email through a bad internet connection or accidental page refresh will appreciate. I also love the new template designer, which allows lovely background images - there is no rhyme or reason why I chose cliffs, except I like them and having a picture of the tweed library suit from the Mighty Boosh would have been a bit too psychedelic for me! The template designer also makes it easier to change things like post layout and where the gadgets display on the page.

I now just need to start this blogging malarkey properly and get up to date with the things!

No comments:

Post a Comment