Wednesday 7 July 2010

Google Calendar

I am big fan of online calendars for work - shared calendars which allow different staff members' annual leave or meetings to display without lots of date copying makes life so much easier. In my current role we have a shared calendar within the library,  which can be accessed online, on which staff meetings, leave, or library wide events such as computer upgrades are noted. The Mozilla Thunderbird calendar has similar functions to the Google version including colour coding and reminders (see below).




I did have a play around with Google calendar for 23 things specifically and although I had a few issues with its usability, which I know is because I regularly use an almost identical system so I'm trying to do things the Mozilla way rather than the Google way, if I was using Google all the time I'd soon get used to it.

In terms of use for libraries: having a free resource to create sharable calendars could clearly be useful although at the moment in our library I can't see many applications for it as we have our own internal version.

No comments:

Post a Comment