Thursday 19 August 2010

A breather

And I have finally reached reached Thing 13! It feels like it has taken quite a while to get here - I don't seem to be able to do a thing for half an hour a week, it takes me much longer to try out and then write up each new bit of internet loveliness.

Looking back to the start of 23 Things I said that I wanted to see how Web 2.0 tools that I've already used could be applied to libraries - and to discover some new tricks. I have certainly done the latter - I love the Creative Commons section of Flickr, something I've never really come across before. Delicious also has the potential to become really useful as I start at library school - helping me keep a track of any interesting articles I read.

Hearing about people's different ideas on how tools could be used in libraries has been a really interesting part of the programme so far: as well as coming up with some ideas of my own!

I am hoping to discover some more new tools before the end of 23 things as so far I have been familiar with quite a few of the things (aside from Delicious and Slideshare).

No comments:

Post a Comment